arrival

Apr 22, 2009 | |

Initially I thought I would be able to post from home because they have wifi there, but it seems my ipod doesnt want to cooperate, so here are delayed postings.
April 18
So I arrived in Cusco safe and tired. I knew as I set out, that I was trying to be flexible and go where the travel spirits took me, but I didn´t expect that my plans would change before I left Seattle. My first flight was overbooked so I volunteered to take a later itinerary that would get me into Lima at about the same time, but went through Houston instead. I stayed at the Coast Gateway Hotel and took the voucher. All the flights seem overbooked right now. My flight was, the next to Newark, the flight I got to Houston as well as to Lima. The night in the Lima airport was tough since I was alone,but I was kept awake and alert by the cleaning crew, who had to move the bench I was sitting on four times and frequently went wizzing behind me on the floor cleaner truck thing. Here´s my suggestion if you fly from Lima to Cusco, use Taca not Lan. They have less attitude and while they still drop food in your lap if you are sleeping, it´s a muffin rather than a box so it won´t wake you up. And so ended 32 hours of transit and I was greeted at the airport with the familiar panpipe music and the smiley and fantastic Mily of whom you will here more of en el futuro.

0 comments: